The Family Resource Center at Penn is a hub for information, resources, activities and advocacy for students and post-docs with children. The Family Center offers a variety of resources and activities for students with families:
- Lounge and family reading room
- Children's playroom complete with toys, games, books, stuffed animals
- Two private lactation rooms equipped with a Symphony breast pump
- Community bulletin boards
MEMBERSHIP: University of Pennsylvania students and post-doctoral fellows with children must be registered to use the Family Center and adhere to the Center's guidelines.
To join the Family Center, fill out and electronically sign the Parental Release & Consent Form. Joining the Family Center also makes you eligible for a free Care.com Premium membership and allows eligible students and post-docs access to Care.com Emergency Back Up Care benefit (restrictions apply). Names of students who are registered with the Family Center are shared with Care.com so they can verify your eligibilty.
Free Medela Symphony Breast Pump Kits Available
The Penn Women's Center has several Medela Symphony breast pump kits available to give away while supplies last. If you are interested in receiving a pump kit, please email email@example.com. These kits connect to Medela Symphony double breast pumps, which are available for use at the Penn Women's Center and the Family Resource Center.
Additional family resources
- Wharton Doctoral Program Maternity/Paternity Workshop 2017
- Certified Nursing Bra Fittings at Pennsylvania Hospital
- Family-Friendly Resources at Penn for PhD Students
- Baby changing stations on campus
- On-Campus Nursing & Lactation Space
- Penn LGBT Family Building Program
- Penn Medicine Fertility Care
- Penn Provost Policy on Time-off for Childbirth and Adoption