Shuttles & Buses (PennCard required upon boarding)
Penn Transit is a fleet of shuttles and buses that provide free transportation services to all PennCard holders. Routes run through Center City, University City, Powelton Village, and West Philadelphia. Passengers can access real-time information about Penn Transit buses and shuttles on the PennRides app.
- Shuttle services originate on-campus and off-campus. In addition, passengers can call for on-call shuttle services and early morning services.
- Bus services run on two routes: Penn Bus East and Penn Bus West.
DREXEL bus service
Penn students, faculty and staff are permitted unlimited use of the Drexel Bus service at no charge with a valid PennCard. (Drexel shuttle van services are not available to members of the Penn community.) The bus service includes three fixed routes and operates Monday through Friday:
LUCY (Loop through University City) Shuttle & Transportation provides free transportation through University City for PennCard holders.
Penn Accessible Transit
Penn Accessible Transit (PAT) is a service of Penn Transit, which provides transportation within service boundaries for persons with disabilities. Students should contact the Office of Student Disabilities Services at 215-573-9235.
FMC Tower Shuttle
The FMC Tower Shuttle runs between the FMC Tower and Penn. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday, 8:45 a.m. to 5:15 p.m., at 30-minute intervals. Pick-up and drop-off locations are on a fixed route.
Passes & Key Card
- Buy a PennPass (CampusExpress) to travel on SEPTA for a semester
- Visit the SEPTA Travel Center @Penn on the first floor of the Penn Bookstore to buy a SEPTA Key card.
- Buy a NJ Transit Pass (CampusExpress)
- Buy a Penn Parking Pass -Daily, Evening, 24-Hr., Motorcycle (CampusExpress)
- Apply for a Penn Occasional Parking Pass